BULLETPROOF COFFEE: BENEFITS AND RECIPE.
Some of the benefits of the bulletproof coffee:
- It can help with weight loss. According to research, MCTs (one of the main ingredients of bulletproof coffee) are metabolized quickly.
- It enhances brain function. Research shows that caffeine can enhance brain function in the short term. Further research also shows that it can improve various aspects of brain function, including one’s vigilance, reaction time, mood, attention, and general mental function.
- It is high in healthy fats. Grass-fed butter and the two types of oils used for preparing bulletproof coffee are high in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids can help reduce blood pressure, triglycerides, and the formation of arterial plaques. Taking omega-3s can also reduce depression.
- Step one, Brew your coffee: Anywhere between 10-12 oz is a good amount – basically a normal sized cup of coffee.
- Step 2, choose your fat: You have a lot of choices when it comes to healthy fats. I generally opt for a mix of either coconut oil or MCT oil, plus a little bit of ghee because it adds a really nice rich texture and flavor!
- Step 3, blend your coffee: Add your coffee with your chosen fats to a blender and process on high until creamy and emulsified. Pour yourself a warm serving of this nourishing caffeinated beverage and ENJOY!